What does it mean to be a Family Medicine Center?
The concept of a Family Medicine Center was first introduced by the American Academy of Pediatrics. At the time of its initial introduction, the AAP defined the medical home as the center of a child’s medical records. At the time, the care of children with special health care needs was the primary focus of the medical home concept. Over time, however, the definition of the medical home has evolved to reflect changing needs and perspectives in health care. The model which we follow is greatly expanded to incorporate comprehensive primary care to children, adolescents, and adults.
The RightCare Family Medicine Center Model
Through this Family Medicine Center model, RightCare Family Practice seeks to improve the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of the care that our providers deliver while responding to each patient’s unique preferences and medical needs. Across all elements of the complex health care system (e.g., specialty care, hospital visits/stays, home health visits, nursing homes, etc) and the patient’s neighborhood and community (e.g., family, public and private community-based services). Medical and general well-being care is facilitated by registries, information technology, health information exchange and other means in an effort to assure that patients get the indicated care when and where they need and want.
- Patients have access to a personal physician who leads the care team within a medical practice.
- The RightCare Family Practice team provides comprehensive care, including acute care, chronic care, preventive services, and end-of-life care, at all stages of life.
- Our Family Medicine Center takes comprehensive steps to ensure that patients receive the care and services they need from the medical neighborhood, in a culturally and linguistically appropriate manner.
- RightCare Family Medicine Center uses a perpetual quality improvement process and evidence-based medicine to continually improve patient outcomes.
- We are committed to enhancing new and current patients’ access to care. We strive to make our care services available through systems such as open scheduling, expanded hours and new options for communication between patients, their personal physician, and our practice’s staff.
If you’re interested in booking an appointment with RightCare Family Practice, please visit our CONTACT US page to request more information.
Trackback from your site.